"What's in a name? That which we call a rose

By any other name would smell as sweet."



That which we call art, by any other name would be as wonderful. What is true 'art'? Have I earned the title of artist? Or am I a poser? Whenever someone asks me what I 'do', my instant answer is artist. But when I think of what an artist is, I picture someone living in a funky loft apartment with exposed brick, paint all over their clothes. Going for coffee at the cafe down the street every morning. Thats not me. I'm a mom with a messy house. My coffee is folgers instant coffee. But I am an artist, no less. I feel that anything one creates with their own hands is art. Painting, drawing, crafts, and cooking. Creating a garden is a living work of art, always changing. Welcome to my imagination. I will share with you my version of art, using every medium available.



Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ryan's Cupcakes

I got a book called Hello Cupcake for my birthday last year. This is one of the many cupcake creations I made with instructions from the book and my own touches here and there. I used ziplock baggies for piping the frosting, and a plastic fork and some toothpicks to give it the appearance of paint. It was sooo fun, and very inexpensive, since I used stuff I already had to apply the frosting. It is a basic cream cheese frosting. I used food coloring to tint the frosting. To create shades, I started with a big bowl, and made the lightest color. I then scooped out about 2/3 into another bowl, tinted it a shade darker, and then took about 1/2 of that to make another shade darker.  

No comments:

Post a Comment