"What's in a name? That which we call a rose

By any other name would smell as sweet."



That which we call art, by any other name would be as wonderful. What is true 'art'? Have I earned the title of artist? Or am I a poser? Whenever someone asks me what I 'do', my instant answer is artist. But when I think of what an artist is, I picture someone living in a funky loft apartment with exposed brick, paint all over their clothes. Going for coffee at the cafe down the street every morning. Thats not me. I'm a mom with a messy house. My coffee is folgers instant coffee. But I am an artist, no less. I feel that anything one creates with their own hands is art. Painting, drawing, crafts, and cooking. Creating a garden is a living work of art, always changing. Welcome to my imagination. I will share with you my version of art, using every medium available.



Thursday, January 20, 2011

Condolance Card

This card design can be an impressive and quick card if you use coordinating paper. You could also dig out the scraps and really get creative, depends on your time frame. This card is made from Stampin' Up paper.
 1- Start with you standard card size, 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 (green). This is just a sheet of card stock, not folded.
 2-Then cut a piece (green w/ flowers) that is 4 x 5 1/4.
 3-Next, cut one that is 4 x 3 3/4 ( blue w/ flowers). This size gives you room for a 1 inch flap, score and fold at 2 3/4.
4-The yellow strip is 4 3/4, score and fold on the 4 inch mark, giving you a 3/4 inch flap.
5- Now, cut the last piece that is 3 3/4 x 1 3/4, to stamp your sentiment on. I suggest stamping your sentiment on before assembling card.
6-Cut 2 lengths of ribbon to create the bow. You can use 2 different colors, as in the sample, or stick with 1 for a monochromatic look.
 While you are gluing the card together, remember to put the ribbon in place. So start by attaching the blue flap (3) to the green flower paper (2) on one side, and the yellow flap (4) on the other side. Then place one ribbon between the blue flower (3) and green card stock (1), and the other ribbon between the yellow (4) and green (1). Glue into place. Glue white paper (5) to yellow (4), running ribbon between them. Attach a 3-d element, like the flower in the sample.      

No comments:

Post a Comment