"What's in a name? That which we call a rose

By any other name would smell as sweet."



That which we call art, by any other name would be as wonderful. What is true 'art'? Have I earned the title of artist? Or am I a poser? Whenever someone asks me what I 'do', my instant answer is artist. But when I think of what an artist is, I picture someone living in a funky loft apartment with exposed brick, paint all over their clothes. Going for coffee at the cafe down the street every morning. Thats not me. I'm a mom with a messy house. My coffee is folgers instant coffee. But I am an artist, no less. I feel that anything one creates with their own hands is art. Painting, drawing, crafts, and cooking. Creating a garden is a living work of art, always changing. Welcome to my imagination. I will share with you my version of art, using every medium available.



Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Yummy Coconut!

I want to share a very simple but fabulous recipe I made up for my kids. I'm sure everyone has had the classic p-b-h. Peanut butter, butter, and  honey. Well, just swap out the butter for coconut oil. I also made the best brownies ever,  by substituting melted coconut oil for the vegetable oil called for. They were delicious, and light and fluffy on the inside, crispy on the outside. Perfect! Coconut oil is very good for you, inside and out. You can rub it straight into your hair for deep conditioning. I discovered it through my new hobby-soap making! (Posts on that coming soon!) I had never seen coconut oil before, but a lot of the soap recipes call for it. And I see why. It is wonderful for your skin, and smells so good. It looks like shortening, but melts instantly when you touch it. I looked all over town, at the Wal-Marts, Target, Albertson's, but couldn't find it.  I finally found it at our local health food store, Good Earth Market http://www.goodearthmontana.com/. It is a little pricy, but I bought a $10 membership, and with my member sale price, saved $9.41 It was well worth the membership price. Good stuff, people, you should give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment