"What's in a name? That which we call a rose

By any other name would smell as sweet."



That which we call art, by any other name would be as wonderful. What is true 'art'? Have I earned the title of artist? Or am I a poser? Whenever someone asks me what I 'do', my instant answer is artist. But when I think of what an artist is, I picture someone living in a funky loft apartment with exposed brick, paint all over their clothes. Going for coffee at the cafe down the street every morning. Thats not me. I'm a mom with a messy house. My coffee is folgers instant coffee. But I am an artist, no less. I feel that anything one creates with their own hands is art. Painting, drawing, crafts, and cooking. Creating a garden is a living work of art, always changing. Welcome to my imagination. I will share with you my version of art, using every medium available.



Monday, February 14, 2011

Sweet Jazzy and Stinky Baby Boomer

This page came together very easily thanks to the beautiful paper.  Jazzy is holding tiny baby Boomer. He is now an enormous moose of a dog, a boxer to be exact. He is so tall that he can look her right in the eye.   

I cut this out of another sheet, and for added dimension, adhered it with foam tape.  It it layed over a vintage ribbon, which is attached with brads. 

More dimension here with the flowers and butterfly. I used oodles of paper flowers, layered a small flower over a larger one, and attached them with pink brads. The butterfly is actually two. I cut these from a patterned paper, gluing one down flat, and the second one pops by just gluing the body and bending wings up to flutter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment